I don't have any photos this time, I have to get together with Laura at her house to get that going but I just felt like writing about my month.
We are all back at school/work. Ocean has started Kindergarten and is enjoying it. She does cry when she sees me in the hall but that will stop soon I'm sure. She just loves her mommy.
Some of you are aware that I made an offer on a house in Three Hills this summer and the final papers should be signed on the 28th.(this Friday!!) I say "should" because I still don't believe it is real and am expecting something to go wrong at the last minute. I mean who ever heard of a single mom who makes 11 dollars an hour being able to buy a house? If it does go through I am not planning on moving but will rent it to Amy and Garron for a while. I'd like to stay in Calgary until the boys are done high school (I promised them no more new schools when we moved here.) Brad graduates in only 6 years so I know that will go by quickly.
I decided to become more involved in the church as well this year. I will be teaching grade 3/4 sunday school and am the Pioneer Club Leader for the grade 1/2 class. I will also be co-leading the Celebrate Recovery group with Sara. My small group will be focusing on co'dependancy and love/relationship addiction. This group has been so good for me this past year and has allowed me the time, safety and direction to work on some issues. Recovery is ongoing but it is going!
Personally, I am enjoying being around my family (immediate and extended) I am not dating or even close to that but I am happy and content. The kids seem to have settled into a comfortable pattern of being with me during the week and with Derek on the weekends. They have also adjusted really well to his girlfriend (it helps that she enjoys playstation) Although it is hard to share your kids with another woman, that is where my life is and I think I'm handling it in a way that will not cause any more damage to them and allows them the freedom to be who they are and enjoy life.
Well I think that's about it for me. Talk to you all in October!
3 comments:
So good to hear about your month. We hope all will go well re. getting the house. It is pretty exciting. I always forget to write to you about the pesto in the freezer. My mom made it and the basil is from grandpa peter's garden. Maybe you have already figured out how to use it, you just defrost it and mix it with pasta. Maybe half a sheet per package of pasta? I don't really know. or mix it with cream cheese for a dip or melt it on camenbert or whatever? It is just plain pesto so you just use it like in any recipe.
We miss being with you guys and all the happenings of the James' house. Glad Ocean is liking school, I'm sure she'll get used to seeing you in the hall. Does she like the kids?
Keep up the blogging, it is really encouraging for us to hear from you about you etc. love ya.
Hi Amanda. It's good to hear how you are doing. I'm glad to see you blogging so that I can stay in touch. :)
That's my girl! Though I take no credit! You constantly amaze me and I am learning from you all the time! AND I love the pink on your blog site!
Post a Comment