Saturday, September 02, 2006

Manda's latest Adventure

Thanks to my brother in law, John P. I had the opportunity to try something completely new and different this summer! I joined his crew in northern Alberta (right near Cold Lake) and spent 10 days building grain bins. Much to my surprise (and delight) this experience turned out to be the highlight of my summer and provided some breakthroughs for me personally. Ask me about this later its a bit to personal to send to cyber space. We spent 12 hour days in the sun and wind(and a little rain) working very hard. as you can see there is some heavy lifting involved but my team took care of that part (they had enough testosterone and muscles without me. ) but i did my fair share and tried my best to not be a drain. If you ever get a chance to work with my brother Jon, jump at it. Not only is he an incredibly hard worker but he is funny and a good dancer. Seriously, I have never had so much fun while doing such hard work. We also got to camp by a lake the whole time so that was awesome. I slept in my van while the guys shared a motor home. I would really like to do this again next summer. Maybe for 3 weeks and bring my son Jon along. Any one else interested? They're looking for crew members!

Just want to add how impressed I was by these three gentlemen. They were patient and respectful of this old lady and made me feel very welcome. I was honoured to have met them and get a chance to work along side them.  Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Hey Amanda
Great pictures! It must have been quite the adventure bin building! Kudos to you for not letting hard physical labour scare you off!

Thanks so much for dinner tonight. It was really nice to have a BBQ (as ours sort-of got left in Ontario for now!) I sure got to see first hand how exciting the James/Keatley household can be! And if I understand correctly, that was nothing!

Again, thanks for dinner and thanks so much for your friendship.

Jaclyn

Erin Rebecca said...

Awesome news Amanda! So glad it went well, I'm sure it was a great time. Good pictures. And it is so good to have you back blogging:) You were one of the first to blog weren't you??? Anyway. We miss you and think about you often. How is Ocean liking school? Do the boys like their new teachers?

Laura Jean said...

Hey Amanda - welcome to the blogging world. Great pics of the bins you and the guys made. They look great. Hope Ocean has a better week at school. Great seeing you last night at Sara's. Thanks for helping with Sunday school too. I soooo appreciated. See ya tomorrow.
Love LJ