Friday, September 21, 2012

Our family

Well, at the beginning of this blogging journey it was just me and the kids, along the way we have lived with different family members, added (and lost) a variety of pets moved 5 times and attended 2 different schools (4 for Jon) Through it all I continued to see God at work in our little family. I have set and met goals. My heavenly father really does know my hearts desires and continues to bless beyond what I would dare to ask or even imagine..

I will soon be changing the title of this blog to include our newest family members and if you want, you can continue to follow along and see what God has in store for us!

I was challenged a few years ago by a counsellor and again at a women's retreat to open my heart and "risk"in relationships..my relationship with my Papa God, with my family (especially my kids) and eventually to even risk my heart in a romantic relationship...I told the counsellor at that time that I didn't believe in the word "NEED" I didn't need anyone and didn't think I should need anyone...he disagreed (of course)

So here we are,not all together anymore,but still a family...from the wisdom of Lilo and Stitch..."its small and broken but still good"  Oh life with all its changes has not been easy! Needing others and allowing myself to be open to change and the hurt that so often comes with it is scary,painful and wonderful in a horribly unsettling way.  But on we go, where we haven't dared to go before...new horizons, new adventures, new mistakes (too bad we couldn't avoid those!)and new triumphs. 

Thank you Papa
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back - now have 'quicker' internet and look forward to following the surprises and blessings in store for you