"The best laid plans of mice and men....." I don't remember how the rest of the saying goes but I do remember hearing it a lot growing up. It always meant things weren't going to go exactly as you planned them. Not bad, just different.
My plan was to keep the kids in Heritage until graduation then move on but a number of things and a lot of prayer has shown us its time to move now. Not far, just up to Three Hills, (Amy has been praying and the "prayers of a righteous woman availeth much") just full of wise saying today!
Any way I am in the process of finding work up there and we will make our move this summer. It will mean less $ spent on gas as we can walk to work and school. The christian school costs only $100's per year instead of thousands and the kids will be able to walk to friends, swimming pool, etc. instead of relying on me to drive them. Jon will also do his learner's test in a smaller safer town than calgary! We will also be living on our own as a family for the first time in 3 years! It has been great but we do relate differently to and with each other when we are on our own. So,,,, there you have it.....we're looking forward to the future, dreading the actual physical part of the move but we've done it before!
3 comments:
I think it will be great...I may not be a 'righteous' woman but I'm praying you get a job with your summers off!!!!!! We love our new apartment...you are so generous! I'm excited about the future for you!
mom
Amanda, this sounds like a good idea. Not that it matters but for some reason having just heard (read) about it I am at peace with it. You know how you hear about what someone is doing and it just doesn't sound right kind of thing... well that didn't happen. Always remembering you and your kids. David
Seems like alot of people are moving these days! Keep us posted as things develop. -Mark
Post a Comment