I know you've heard about how wonderful our mother is but I just don't think she gets the credit she deserves. And she sure doesn't give herself enough credit.
For starters, her holiday in the Philipines was interrupted by a panicked call from Sara letting her know that she would no longer have a place to stay! Instead of panic and worry for herself she promptly called me to ensure that I didn't put myself out and that she and dad were "fine" with anything, anywhere. She arrived home at 1am to find some of her stuff (the essentials) moved into my home and the rest waiting in an unholy mess in Sara's house. She promptly got to work packing, moving and organizing, and looking after Journey, Solomon, Sierra and Ethan while Amy and Sara packed up! ( all of this done on 3-4 hours of sleep a night as she hadn't adjusted to the new time zone.)
One week later and she is still babysitting Sierra, Ethan,(Ocean and Mikayla occasionally) and still packing and moving Sara and John.
She also picked up some supplies for my pioneer group class (the same day they made a trip to Three hills to move stuff), and she is the first person in a long time to get my Jon to crack a smile and say more than two words at a time (except for asking for stuff) He was actually joking around tonight at the supper table. Thanks mom! Seriously
Now anyone may be able to do what she has done but can they do it with the great attitude that she has and not turn into a snarling, raving beast (like I would)..I don't think there are many out there that are her equal and I count myself extremely lucky to be her kid.
5 comments:
Your mom is definitely one amazing woman! I am so blessed to have her in my life too. She is the captain leading her team to the finish line - talk about teamwork. Thanks for sharing Amanda. Take care
Here, here ... and AMEN!!
I agree Manda. Our mom IS GREAT.
We love you momma. (:
Well I don't know where you've been but I have felt like a snarlng raving lunatic the last day or so......fortunately the kids take it in stride and don't take me seriously...and thank goodness they still take naps...cause I need one!
Anyway...thanks for the comments Manda....that will keep me going awhile. Actually, except for the garage, I see light at the end of the tunnel!
I've been chiding myself on my criticalness and a kind word certainly goes along way in shutting me up!!!!
Thanks for the thoughts.
mom
(signed anonymous cause I can't remember my password.)
Char - your password is probably in a box!!!!!
MANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally I have been able to find you! Richard Pepper helped me out - I found pics of his on-line with your Dad's b-day party and have been trying to locate you. PLEASE send me an email - go to facebook.com and locate Dana Brooks.
I truly miss you and mention you often to my husband and girls.
Dana (Horner) Brooks
Post a Comment