Sunday, October 01, 2006

Home Owner!!!

Well its official. I now own my own home. I got the keys on Friday and Jon and I spent some time wandering through, talking about possibilities, making lists and picking apples off my trees. I made a delicious apple crumble with them today. If anyone has good crab apple recipes. I have a ton of those to pick as well.

It has been an interesting journey this summer as I applied for and gathered all the necessary information for my first mortage. God has been very gracious. This is something I've wanted and dreamed of for many years now and it has happened way earlier than I ever imagined!

I will be posting some pictures soon but Brad had my camera for school and I forgot to get it back from him! Next weekend the kids and I are going to spend 3 days working in the yard and ripping up brown shag carpeting. Amy discovered that the carpet was covering hard wood floors, yeah! The "jungle" bathroom will be gutted and redone first. Then Garron has free reign to renovate to his hearts content. He'll never be bored! Mark and Mae want to come visit for a few weeks and give some advice? Blog at you all soon.

4 comments:

Candy & Caleb said...

Congrats!! What wonderful news!

Laura Jean said...

Welcome to the First time Home Owner Club Amanda!!! We can let our imaginations run wild (and Garron's too)!! I think Garron will have plenty to keep him busy with the two of us Amanda and home renos. It was fun thinking of what I would like the basement to look like or how I would like my deck to look last week. Sara suggested a hot tub too - ahh - sounds great! Can't wait to see it in person this weekend. Love LJ

Jaclyn said...

Congratulations Amanda! What an accomplishment! Don't know if we'll be able to make it there this weekend or not but for sure we'll get there soon!

Erin Rebecca said...

Congratulations! So good... I wonder what it will look like when we see it.... take some before pictures for us!!!