there are so many different kinds of storms that come into our lives, just when you make it through one and are feeling a little proud of yourself for how you handled it,feeling like you now "know" what to do...a different kind of storm comes along and knocks you off your feet!
One of my favourite songs is by a group called Casting Crowns.......
I was sure by now
that you would have reached down
and wiped my tears away
stepped in and saved the day
but once again
I say "Amen"
and its still raining
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as your mercy falls
I lift my hands
and praise the God
who gives and takes away
I will praise you in this storm,
I will lift my hands
You are who you are
in spite of who I am
and every tear I've cried
you hold in your hand
you never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm.
I wish I could figure out how to put the song on here, Erin? could you help me with that? One of the lines is from a verse that my dad gave me when my very first dog was hit by a train...I was broken hearted and could have been angry at God for allowing it to happen, but my father was wise and gave me Job 1:21 as the verse to put on the grave...I have used this verse so many times over the years when things don't go the way I would like, when there is pain and loss....thank you Dad for planting a seed that has kept my faith strong when I have faced things that could have turned me against my Heavenly Father...
God really is with us in these storms and I WILL PRAISE HIM! not just when the storm has past but throughout....
No comments:
Post a Comment