Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Manda's Musings

Well, I have posted some photos lately but haven't sat down to really write what is on my heart and mind....so much!!

A number of months ago I read the book "The Shack". At first I really didn't want to read it, I couldn't see how anyone could make a good redeeming story about child abuse(even with God involved) and quite frankly I didn't want to revisit any memories or feelings I was sure the book would bring up. But because I am a reader at heart, I just couldn't resist at least taking a peek at it...Since reading it I have been "pondering" a lot of things, especially my own relationship with my Papa God....It is so easy to think we know who God is and how he thinks but there is just no way our finite minds can ever even begin to grasp....I think I start to get it then its gone again (a little like studying physics in high school)

My prayers for my own life in the last year have been that I would have a heart that craves a daily relationship with the Lord and since reading this book they have changed a bit, I've been asking for my heart and mind to really be opened to the reality of who God is,that I wouldn't fall into the same patterns of thinking that have kept Him in a fairly rigid box,with my own preconcieved opinions of who I think He is.....And would you believe it,? He is more than faithful!!! My Papa just keeps showing me his heart and the more I get to know Him, the more time I want to spend with Him!

2 comments:

John and Sara said...

wow, you do get up early :)

cool reading, thanks for writing it down.

I like :)

Sara

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing - I had many reservations about the book (still have a few) but it sure made me think about 'who/what God is'