Hello there, its one of those nights when you just can't fall asleep. Life is going well, I and my family are about as happy as we can be...but.....
My driving job is a real answer to prayer but today was a little harder than some..one of my patients that I drove a couple of times passed away last week. she was a beautiful lady with a gentle and grateful spirit. Her daughters always came with her; each with there own job for helping mom (one took care of her back, one took care of her head and the other helped with everything else.) She has no more pain, but she will be missed by her family and friends. My patient today is a gentleman of my own age with a wife and four young children, he's been given a prognosis of only a year to live....how do you approach that year, how do you prepare your children, how do you get everything done that you want to do?
These are some of the thoughts that are keeping me up tonight...not mad rushing,frantic thoughts, just quiet, meloncholy, musings. Sleep well, ultimately, its not about us. Amen
3 comments:
Though sleep escaped you last night, thank you for sharing your thoughts Amanda. The lady and her daughters is such a wonderful example of being loved and we all have a role in our family (sometimes we just don't know what that might be). Until I face mortality like that gentleman you mentioned I could even begin to answer those questions. All I know that life is precious and short - it can change in a blink of an eye. Though I have told you before - I love you Amanda so blessed to have you in my life. Love Laura Jean
Hey Amanda,
Glad to hear you and the fam are doing well. I know just what you are going through. I work with people who have HIV/AIDS and when they come to us, sometimes they are on their way to living a much better life but others come to us to die. I got to know one guy quite well and unfortunately he went from doing quite well to dying within about 7 months.
I take personal comfort in giving these people smiles, some kind words and a non judgemental ear. I can't make everything better, but I can sure make a few moments now and then better.
You have the opportunity to be a blessing in these people's lives just by sharing your beautiful smile. Sleep well knowing that :)
Miss you!
Hey Manda, Panda, I wasn't going to check your site cause you never update it...but I'm glad I did. I can imagine how you feel. I'm glad they have you, an empathetic driver, not impersona, loving, caring for these very trying appointments. God Bless You!!!!!
Mom
Post a Comment