O.K. friends and family, whether you like it or not you are invited to come along with me on my latest adventure. Be prepared for a wild ride (or to be bored out of your mind) either way I promise brutal honesty even if it makes me look like a complete idiot! (that should be worth a read don't you think?)
My goal this year was to allow my heart to be more open, allow myself to have feelings even at the risk of making mistakes and being hurt....Well I made my first mistake and got a little hurt but at the same time the experience has been good over all.....I had my first crush. It is embarrassing to even say that! but brutal honesty is what I promised! My new coworker/boss(bad start I know) has a lot of qualities I admire he is an incredibly hard worker, takes pride in his work and has fun at the same time, he is open and affectionate and wasn't scared off by my independance and "coolness" (by that I mean iciness not style)...I found I really enjoyed working with him and appreciated the attention he gave me....alas not all is as it should be..He is in a relationship and left this week to bring his family out west to live.... also there is no spiritual interest in his life and that is something I really don't want to compromise on...so to avoid the mistake of thinking he is the only one who will ever be interested in me, and with the advice of Dr. Henry Cloud(boundaries author) I have signed up with a reputable internet dating service (again, horrifyingly embarrassing to admit) I am now in communication with one gentleman on the west coast and have my first real date this afternoon! I have never gone out with someone I don't know...it is a little scary I have to admit but good for me. The focus is not to find that special someone at this time but to meet new people and practice my people and communication skills. Dating for fun not dating to find a mate..is how Dr. Cloud describes it..so here goes.
I will update occasionally but feel free to not read these if it bores you to tears. Mostly this is for my benefit and protection....the more open I am and honest with others the less opportunity there is to make poor choices and continue in unhealthy thinking patterns.
3 comments:
Thank you for your honesty Amanda. I hope your meeting with your gentleman went well this afternoon. Hope the date was fun too. Just know - you are a wonderful person and I am blessed to have you in my life. Love you Amanda.
I am so excited for you Amanda! You are an incredibly attractive, intelligent, independent woman with a heart of gold. I think you are approaching this whole thing with a great attitude.
It's a bit like praying to God to win the lottery but never buying a ticket! (Ok bad comparison but I'm sure you get what I mean!) Kudos to you for having the courage to give this dating stuff a whirl. You can never have too many friends and you'll never know when you might just find the one.
I'll be praying for God to give you exactly what he thinks you should find.
Luv
Jaclyn
Glad I checked up on you today - I sure admire your bravery - please keep us posted - nothing boring here!!!!!
Post a Comment