Saturday, November 11, 2006

Endings and beginnings

When we moved out here my commitment to the boys was to provide some stability. When we found Heritage school I was excited for them that they would finally be able to stay in one school until grade 12. No more being the new student or having to learn your way around a new building. I have kept my promise to them and really feel it is important to continue keeping that promise.
Unfortunately, not all is in my control. Jon has made some choices over the past month that have resulted in his being asked to withdraw from Heritage. It was with heartbreak I watched him walk away from his friends and the familiarity and safety at that school. He will be attending Chestermere middle school this year and changing again next year to go to the Chestermere High.
I am getting a little glimpse of how God's heart breaks as he watches us make poor choices and allows us to face the consequences that follow. How he must want to reach out and change and protect us. But he wants a real relationship with us and that means respecting our choices and loving us in spite of them. Lord help me to do the same for my son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It came to pass" - remember these words as you struggle - God IS still in control although we sometimes don't see how. We are praying for you ALL.

Laura Jean said...

Just know that I will keep you in my prayers and that I love you both. Take care.