Well, that was summer......I am always sad to see it end but I really think it was one of our best so far. Top of the list was the trip to the shore of course but we've also had a great time hanging out in our hammock in our yard. Did you know that this hammock can hold Me Jon Brad and Ocean. The trees stayed standing too. We had campfires in our fire pit and the boys spent alternate weeks working with Derek in calgary building decks and fences. Soon they should know enough to do some work on our house for me!
I was really concerned about leaving Heritage for a new job because I just couldn't imagine finding something that I ejoyed so much or that did as much for me personally but God is good. My job at the Chateau is fun, rewarding and satisfying. Thanks Lord.
The kids have started at the local public school....I think they will be fine.
I was invited to a small group at the home of one of the ladies I work with. It is just across the street which is super handy and they are a nice group but......I think I was being set up. They are all married couples except for me and....surprise, surprise, my friends 38 year old son. Mmmm...as I am working on being open this year I guess this will be good practice for me.and mom, he is a baker...not quite a cook but baker is close...actually he's a teacher but is only subbing......
that's about it for me
3 comments:
Amanda - thanks for letting us girls be part of your great summer. I hope you have many more just like this one. What an adventure!
Hey James/Keatley gang!
Was nice to chat with you the other day. Honestly Amanda, I think you are the only mother that I know that isn't ready to do a jig when your kids go to school in September! But I have to admit that September did come up pretty quick this time!
Keep in touch and we'll pop into Three Hills one of these days soon!
How nice to have you back blogging! Keep us posted...I am now back to 'regular' checking of blogs etc.
Post a Comment